Saturday, August 25, 2007

Parpadelle Pasta With Eggplant

Parpadelle Pasta With Eggplant

This is a typical Italian pasta dish serving vegetables with the pasta. Many dishes do not have the tomato sauce that most Americans associate with "Italian" foods.

Ingredients:

3/4 pound parpadelle pasta

1 cup vegetable stock

2 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

1 eggplant

1 teaspoon paprika

1/4 cup buffalo mozzarella, chopped

4 teaspoons olive oil

Oregano

***
Directions:
Cut the eggplant (1/8" thin slices) and fry with a little olive oil in a non stick saucepan until nicely browned. Add the chopped garlic and paprika. Now add the tomatoes and leave to cook for a few minutes. Boil the pasta and remove from the heat just before al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce with the vegetable stock and leave on a low heat for a few minutes. Remove from the heat, add the chopped mozzarella and the oregano and toss quickly. Serve immediately. Serves 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for a recipe for parpadelle pasta when I found this blog- and I like a lot of the recipes- gnocchi with morels is next. I am anxious to try this, but at home, I couldn't find the recipe using live/bing or google search..had to go back to history on my work browser..

Dine With Donna said...

Anonymous:
First I want to thank you for your post. That is my guage with viewers satisfaction. If I can be of any further help to you please email. My oldet daughter lives in Italy and is a great source of my recipes.