Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweet Melon And Fresh Fig

Sweet Melon And Fresh Fig.
This dish always reminds me of my first visit to Milano to meet a new granddaughter and visit our daughter and son-in-law. Italians eat foods prepared with fresh ingredients. Daily shopping at the market is the norm. Our son-in-law who is an excellent cook tried to prepare many different dishes for my pleasure. For dessert one evening we had figs and cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto. What a treat!!! So naturally when I have that dish I always remember the trip to Italy I made to meet my new granddaughter Laura.
*
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds good quality prosciutto
12 melon balls of honey dew
12 melon balls of cantaloupe
3 fresh figs quartered
***
Parsley-Basil Oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
salt and cracked black pepper
***
Directions:
Mix the parsley-basil oil ingredients together and let stand at room temperature. Arrange the prosciutto and fruit on plate. Serve the salt and cracked pepper.
To eat, wrap the prosciutto around the fruit and eat the combination together.
***
You will never think of figs and melons again without thinking of this dish.

No comments: