Sunday, November 11, 2007

Steak Sicilian ..... This is a melt in your mouth dish.

Steak Sicilian
My good friend Gabriella invited me to dinner last summer when I was visiting in Ohio. Gabriella is the typical Italian cook who can take a few fresh ingredients and turn them into the most memorable dish with flavor unimaginable. Today I spoke with Gabriella and she gave me her "secrets". Some of the ingredients can be adjusted or omitted according to your taste.
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Steak sliced very thin, I prefer round steak
Tomatoes, sliced very thin or chopped
Kalmata olives, oil dried
Garlic, sliced paper thin
Fresh basil, chopped fine
Salt and pepper
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place olive oil and steak in a baking dish or skillet with an ovenproof handle and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes either chopped or sliced very thin and Kalmata olives which have been cut into quarters. Add garlic according to your preferences and chopped fresh basil. Bake covered at 300 for about 1 hour. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese just before serving while hot.

No comments: