Sunday, January 20, 2008

A True Daily Double ..... Three Wise Women!


A True Daily Double
I received this photo today of our granddaughter Anna (in the aqua and yellow) who lives in Milano, Italy. She is preparing for her First Communion with weekly classes learning the history of our Catholic faith. On January 6, the Feast of The Epiphany, three wise women were chosen. If the wise men were known as the Three Kings Of The Orient, I will call these little ladies "queens". The Three Wise Women employed the Gospel of the day and with the assistance of their instructor presented it with dramatization. Anna carried a crown symbolizing the gifts of gold.
***
We all have received the email that if the three wise men had been women they would have asked for directions, carried casseroles, and been on time for the birth. I can assure anyone possessing  Anna's organizational skills, the trio would have been present on December 24.
***
Anna, grandma wishes she could have seen you preform as I am sure you did everything correct and looked royal in your garb! The true daily double is from grandma's favorite show Jeopardy and also the fact that I posted twice today on my blog. I couldn't wait to post your photo!!! Thank you cutie!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How we dearly love those sweet little grandaughters!

Dine With Donna said...

Anna is so sweet. She just loves coming to the States to see her cousins and of course grandpa and grandma. Her favorite line is "I miss you sooooo!"

Jewels said...

Very nice!