Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Three Cups Of Tea ..... A New York Times Best Seller!!!



Three Cups Of Tea
by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
***
I have such great neighbors in San Diego. Tuesday morning my telephone rang. My neighbor Arlene called to see if I would like to attend a program at Qualcomm Auditorium. Greg Mortenson was speaking about his mission and his book, Three Cups of Tea. Earlier Tuesday morning I heard him speak on PBS and thought what a powerful mission. I had no idea then that I might get to meet him and hear him tell his story.
***
I do not want to share any of the story with you because I hope you too will read the book. I will explain the Three Cups Of Tea with you. In Pakistan when you do business when you are served one cup of tea you are a stranger. When you are served two cups you are a friend. When you are served three cups you have become family. This man's mission just leaves you in awe. Check out his website at http://www.threecupsoftea.com/

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Sounds intereting - I'll have to check it out.

Jewels said...

Hi Donna,

I never do this but I have succumbed. You're being tagged. Look here:
http://jewels.esmilde.com/2008/02/whats-on-your-refrigerator.html

I'm sure yours will be beautiful!