Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tony Roma's Coleslaw

Tony Roma's Coleslaw
I have been on a diet recently as you may have guessed. My doctor wanted me to come back for another check up. I said that I would lose weight. He thanked me for sparing him the conversation. I have been stuck on ten pounds. When I visit our children they are so hospitable and I have no will power with great food! When I found this recipe I am adding cabbage to my grocery list. I enjoy coleslaw maybe more than my husband but he is always a good sport. 
***
Ingredients:
Dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons minced parsley
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
Coleslaw
1 head cabbage cored and shredded (About 2 1/2 pounds)
1 large carrot, shredded
***
Directions:
Combine all dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend with a wire whisk. Refrigerate.
Combine the dressing with the carrots and cabbage. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend. Stir while serving or the dressing will settle.
If you are making smaller batches, the dressing will keep up to one week in the refrigerator.

No comments: