Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Friend The Gecko

Our Friend The Gecko
Often in the warm afternoon we see a distinguished gecko creeping around on our patio. It is distinguished because it is about half its size. I will explain this. Normally a gecko has a tail about the length of his body. This critter lost its tail in probably what was a "territorial battle". I think it tried to befriend the wrong gecko. Whatever the reason it lost about half of its size. Thursday I spotted it sunning itself on the back wall of the garden. Later I saw it crawling around where I was sitting. It suddenly disappeared into the concrete slab of our foundation. I inspected the spot where it disappeared and found it to be a slight cavity in the concrete. It was just big enough for it to crawl into backwards and provide safe shelter for itself.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

How great that you are able to recognize him as the same gecko!