Friday, June 6, 2008

Artichoke Pesto

Artichoke Pesto
Recently I was gifted with a jar of Artichoke Pesto. I enjoyed it on toast with Monchego cheese as a breakfast entree. My husband enjoyed it as an appetizer served on crackers. It is tasty on the rotini (corkscrew) pasta. This recipe is very versatile and can be frozen if you have leftovers.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 garlic cloves
4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup walnuts, toasted and skins removed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste
1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes, thawed and chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Place parsley, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, walnuts, canola oil, olive oil, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until smooth, then pour into a large bowl. Gently stir in chopped artichokes and Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Beatrice said...

Where do you find frozen artichokes? I have looked for them in my area (Denver) and can't find them anywhere.

Dine With Donna said...

Beatrice:
I am a great fan of the Trader Joe's stores. I have purchased frozen artichokse there. Remember if you cannot find them at your Trader Joe store, try Whole Foods or most large supermarkets. If you cannot find the frozen artichoke hearts, remember a pint is a pound. I wound use the canned and measure 1 cup. Good luck finding the frozen artichoke hearts.

Thank you so much for posting on my blog and I hope you become a regular reader! Donna