Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ladies Day Out

click on photo to enlarge
Members of The 21st Century Club
The third Thursday of the month September through May calls the members of The 21st Century Club to their monthly meeting. The September organizational meeting was a luncheon at the Malabar Inn on the grounds of Malabar Farm which was the home of author Louis Bromfield and Pulitzer prize winner in 1926 for his book, Early Autumn. Louis Bromfield was a conservationist, journalist and author. Bromfield's farm home was the site of the wedding of friends, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. I was so lucky to reconnect with the members of the Club that I belonged for 24 years prior to my moving away. I miss these gals so!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I see my dear mother in the front row for the first time since June! That is just a crime. lol. Thanks for the look.

Dine With Donna said...

Jewels;
Your mother always looks great in the front row or last row. She is always a standout! (And those four beautiful daughters are truly the same.)