Thursday, September 18, 2008

My "Hometown" And Some Of What I Miss

A drive down a one lane country road Livestock grazing in the fields Large lush green lawns The church we belonged for forty years My dear former neighbor, Marilyn
Today I drove to the community where we lived for forty years. As I drove into the country for an appointment with my beautician of many years, I appreciated so many of the sights along the way. In California I drive on a five lane in each direction Interstate instead of this one lane country road. Those green lush lawns and huge by the standards of California lawns, had that velvet green appearance. I passed our church where we knew all of the members. In California there are 11,000 members and we are just two of the number. I stopped for a visit with my former neighbor. I have always felt so blessed to have lived next door to Marilyn and her late husband Ken. Moving away reminds one of what was such a wonderful part of everyday and taken for granted.

2 comments:

Morning Dove said...

What a great picture of Mrs. Thornton! Please give her my best! ~~"Barbie Myers"

Dine With Donna said...

I never visit without being asked how is Barbie! Of course she always asks about all of the family but it must have been all of the bouquets you made from their flowers and then took to them when you were very young that made Barbie special!