Friday, October 31, 2008

Dragon Fruit

Dragon Fruit
I am always interested in tasting and learning about new foods. Our son-in-law's uncle arrived for a visit. Uncle Bruce is a raw foodie who calculates his diet very scientifically to produce a very healthy balanced diet. We sampled Dragon Fruit tonight. The fruit was cut into quarters and we scooped the pulp from the rind with a spoon. The bland tasting pulp is very rich in nutrients. I thought it had an interesting silky teaxture and something I could eat frequently.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Very interesting. I wonder it we can get those around here.

Dine With Donna said...

I am sure if you visit a grocery store that caters to the Asian population you will find these. I think Bruce said he bought them at a grocery store in the L.A. area in the Asian district. I expected the black spots to be little hard seeds but amazingly you could not detect a seed.

Morning Dove said...

Tell Uncle Bruce I am ready for some raw food during my visit Thanksgiving weekend!

Dine With Donna said...

Uncle Bruce is ready to experience our Thanksgiving Holiday. His recipes are tasty and he prepares his diet with a science. I am sure you will find great conversation with U.B.