Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

A New Year
As a New Year begins I am approaching it with retrospect rather than creating resolutions for a new year that I know will be non-existent in a few weeks. I am trying to evaluate areas where I feel I could have put more effort and perhaps changes that I could or should have made. I read a book two years ago that has helped me to make some necessary changes in my attitudes and also helped me to better understand my shortcomings. I would highly recommend the book to everyone. This book is titled "The Four Agreements" by Daniel Miguel Ruiz. The Companion Book as it is titled was written by the same author and expounds on his first book. Having been educated in a catholic school system where you were taught the world was black and white or right and wrong, I learned late that my value system was too rigid. I hope that my New Year is filled with kindness, acceptance, and taking time to help others where I am needed.
My blog has been a creative outlet for me. I have enjoyed sharing this bit of my life with anyone who reads my postings. I have also attempted to spruce up my photography skills to enhance my postings. My blog has made me more aware of those around me and that sometimes as the song goes, "The Best Things In Life Are Free". Thank you for stopping by to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you've had a great holiday filled with love and laughter!

Dine With Donna said...

It has been a wonderful trip with many beautiful sights and oh my goodness the food! Tomorrow Mary, her husband, and daughter leave for Japan. We will stay with the youngest granddaughter in their absence. It has been great following your family through the holidays via Jewels. Thanks for your post.