Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hooray For Hollywood

to Kodak Theater, Home To The Academy Awards The entrance of The Kodak Theater
Hooray For Hollywood
The Kodak Theater is probably one of the best known sites in all of Hollywood. Annually the Academy Awards are staged there and TV cameras pan the area and stars. One of the interesting features of the building is the arches along the entrance to the theater. Each year the motion picture awarded the Oscar for Best Picture has the title and year placed along the entrance and hallway. There are spaces for the honor through the year 2070.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Hollywood I know! I worked at Tower Records on Sunset Blvd after my high school graduation.
My 1st day Bruce Springsteen walked in!
I also got to meet several musicians and actors while working there because who does not like music?

Funny.. I made it a point to never ask for an autograph and I have nothing to show for it. I just kind of understood that sometimes you just want to be a regular person. No regrets.

The coolest person I met was Michael Keaton right after he did the Batman movie. He was so funny dealing with fans. I quoted Beetle Juice (another of his movies) and he laughed and laughed.

Dine With Donna said...

Barbra;
We had the Tower Records building pointed out to us in Hollywood on Sunset. Isn't it the one that looks like a stack of records with a needle? Our tour guide was the son of parents involved in the movie industry and he grew up in Hollywood. He was fantastic. You must have had an exciting career.