Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Melon-and-Peach Salad With Proscuitto and Mozzarella

Melon-And-Peach Salad With Prosciutto And Mozzarella
A favorite food combination enjoyed from my travels to Italy to visit our oldest daughter is melon and prosciutto. Our son-in-law introduced this to me on my very first trip and I still look forward to having that enjoyment anytime I visit. I found this great recipe in my latest edition of Food & Wine. This magazine is a wonderful source of nutritious recipes.
***
1 1/2 pounds honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 peach peeled and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons chopped basil
2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped
8 thin slices prosciutto
***
Directions:
In a bowl, toss the melon and peach with the oil and balsamic vinegar with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in in the herbs and cheese. Transfer the salad to a platter and top with prosciutto and serve.

No comments: