Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Kitchen Tip

Green Bell Peppers
Have you ever noticed when you are buying green bell peppers that not all green bell peppers are created alike? Have you noticed some have three lobes and some have four lobes? The experts say that the peppers with four lobes are sweeter and are better for eating raw i.e. in salads or with dips, etc. It is also said that the three lobe peppers are less sweet and will have a better flavor when cooked. I must admit that until I heard that fact I really never noticed a tainted flavor substituting a three lobe pepper for a four or a four lobe pepper for a three. Since I am trying a new recipe for a tortilla soup, I wanted to go by the opinion of the experts and I bought the three lobe peppers. One day I will do a taste test as somethings I might be slow to believe.

No comments: