Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The German Gourmet Shoppe






A German Experience
A stop at The German Gourmet Shoppe in Redwood City provided an interesting experience. Our son Tom suggested that we make a visit to the store as he knew both of his parents would enjoy seeing the offering. My husband spent eighteen months of his military service in Southern Germany. He often recalls the wonderful food he experienced during that time. I was familiar with two of the brands which were plentiful through out the food shelves. One being Oetker and the other Maggi. My vocabulary of German words is very limited. With the preparation directions in German I can pick out words but lack the reassurance of accuracy so I will use my dictionary with these projects.
We did buy two different packages of wurst and I know that we will enjoy! We did buy a box mix for Flan and Creme Brulee, as well as seasoning for ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, and a mushroom sauce to prepare with pork.
The store did have a great variety of German made goods along with the food selections. Everything from Black Forrest clocks to beer steins and a great selection of novelty items is available. It was indeed an interesting stop. Thank you Tom and Susan!

2 comments:

Meli said...

wow, this is awesome! I even have some of the yellow packages in my kitchen! :-)

Next time I am coming over, I will go to this store and cook you a german meal! :-)
Mel

Dine With Donna said...

We hope to see you in May for Katie's graduation. I am counting on that German gourmet meal prepared by an authentic Frau from Germany! Meli, this store is amazing and you will love the huge selection. I have had many of the items in the store previously and must say they are of a very high quality!