Friday, February 26, 2010

Nethercutt Museum

Rows and Rows of Autos In Pristine Condition The Only Car I Could Remember Being Driven. It is a 1955 Packard.
Click on Photo To Enlarge 
To Read Information Card.
Nethercutt Museum
Anyone who has any interest in history of transportation should put the Nethercutt Museum on their list of things to see before they meet St. Peter. All of the cars are in a glistening restored original condition and all are in running condition. The cars are never sold but occasionally used in The Rose Bowl Parade for The Grand Marshall.
***
I did not have my camera with me when we entered the Grand Salon, the beautifully appointed room with the most fantastic and the rarest collection of J.B. Nethercutt. A camera flash interferes with the security cameras so we were asked no cameras with flash. I have previously shut off my camera's flash and on occasion it continues to flash. I did want to respect the house rules.
***
Several of the cars were entered in the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance car contest and needless to say were 1st place winners.
***
The museums contains the collections of J.B. Nethercutt, the nephew of Merle Norman and his wife. The collections in the museums are the automobiles, hood ornaments, fire trucks, musical instruments, dolls, and so much more. One floor of the museum called "The Grand Salon" is a duplicate of a automobile showroom dating back to the 1920's and 30's.
***
I would like to add that if you should go to visit the museum, also add L'Affair Cafe, 11024 Sepulveda Blvd. Mission Hills, CA 91345 which is a wonderful French Bistro with freshly prepared very delicious meals in the itinerary. My highest recommendations!
***
I will blog next on the Canadian Pacific Railway engine and train cars.

No comments: