Monday, September 20, 2010

Peach Pie

Last week I blogged a recipe for Pumpkin Bars provided by Julia and her blog Kingdom Jewels. I also made the statement that she comes from a long line of great cooks. Today the recipe is from Beverly who is mother of Julia. I will add to my statement that I challenge anyone to make a pie crust that is more flaky and tender than what Beverly bakes. She is well known and envied for her baking skills.
FRESH PEACH PIE
1 - 9 inch baked pie crust

3 cups sliced, peeled peaches

1 - 3 oz. pkg. peach Jello

1 1/2 cup water

3/4 cup sugar

2 tbsp. cornstarch

Cook Jello, water, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat until ingredients are dissolved and mixture is thick and clear. Cool, pour over sliced peaches and pour into a baked pie crust. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.

No comments: