Friday, April 15, 2011

Post One-Thousand

Post One Thousand
***
Today I am blogging post one-thousand. I began blogging May 2007. I remember well the evening the blog was developed. We were invited to have dinner with our daughters Barbara and Anne at Anne's home. I had taken the recipe for "Warm Camembert with Mushroom Fricassee" and served it with a wonderful bottle of chilled Chardonnay. This recipe remains a favorite to serve when guests are invited.
*
If any of you are Costco shoppers, you know you pay almost the same price for a giant size at Costco as you pay for the smaller version at the neighborhood grocery store. You guessed correctly. I purchased the larger wheel of Camembert which was no punishment for my family who appreciates good cheese. We skipped dinner and ate just the appetizer, it was so tasty.
*
As the evening passed and our daughters kept sharing compliments, Barbara suggested that I should have a food blog and post recipes. Anne suggested to have a Flash-back Friday with a recipe from their childhood. That I did for a while.
*
Most comments that I receive on a recipe / posting come via email, telephone call, or a meeting on the street rather than a comment posted to the blog and this is fine. This may be the indicator to those who look for posted reader's comments on the blog as to the level of readership. For my greatest satisfaction, I continue to post as it allows me to have a portable recipe file or for my friends to learn where we have recently traveled. When I travel, my postings are at my finger tips. It also has given me an outlet to organize my day and continue my interest in nutrition. I am proud to say that I am 70 and take no medication which I attribute as a result to proper nutrition.

No comments: