Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gorgonzola Walnut Crackers


Meli's Gorganzola Walnut Crackers

My friend Meli who lives in Germany and follows my blog has contributed a recipe for an appetizer. She suggests serving with white wine. I will try my best to translate the recipe from metric to our standard measurements.
***
Hi Donna, I gladly share the recipe with you.
You need
100 grams butter 1/4 cup
250 gr flour 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
2 eggs 2 eggs
1 egg yolk, milk 1 egg yolk thinned with milk
salt salt
pepper pepper
chili powder chili powder 150 grams of gorgonzola 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
50 grams of walnuts (crushed into little peaces) 2 tablespoons
***
You make a dough off of it (by hands is the best), part the dough into two balls and roll them (diameter 5 cm). 2 inches Put them into the fridge for about an hour. Then preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut dough rolls into slices of about 5 milimeters. 1/4 inch Put on tray and spread egg yolk and milk (mixed) on it. Bake until brown. The should still be a little soft on the inside. I hope this recipe works for you! :-) Love, Meli

No comments: