We have met the most wonderful compassionate and dedicated nurses at the Palomar Medical Center in Escondido caring for my husband. One young man named Andrew was assigned to my husband's care. We discussed my food blog. I asked Andrew if he cooked often. Most Californians are very health conscious and nutrition plays a big part in that role. I then asked if he had a favorite recipe he could share and today he did. Thank you Andrew. When my husband is discharged, this will be my first breakfast meal I prepare for him. It will be special especially when I share with Don who shared this recipe.
Blueberry Banana Raspberry Pancakes with Apricot Jam
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill Organic Pancake Waffle Mix
- 1 Large Egg (or egg white)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (keep 1 tbsp for later on)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large banana –prepare in very thin slices
- 1 cup fresh blueberries – important to flatten berries
- ½ cup raspberries (flatten as well)
- Place 2nd tbsp of coconut oil in small dish & microwave for 20 seconds
In Large Bowl
Combine Bob’s Mix, egg, milk, 1 tbsp oil until blended
- Preheat pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Lower heat to low-medium and pour mix into pan for medium sized pancake
- Add thinly sliced banana and flattened blueberries/raspberries as desired
- Allow pancake edges to brown, use wooden spatula to prevent sticking
- Add few drops of coconut oil around edges to prevent sticking
- When bubbles appear in center of pancake, carefully flip over
- Continue to use few drops of oil around edges to prevent sticking
- May require 2nd flip to cook evenly and use spatula to press down
- Prepare few sheets of wax paper pre-cut into 4x4 strips. Place 1 sheet wax paper onto plate and add 1 pancake per strip wax paper. Otherwise the pancakes will stick and clump after refrigeration and with cooling. Makes great snack.
- Add spoonful of favorite jam – I use apricot or pear smeared on top.