Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Seafood Bisque

Seafood Bisque
Recently I have been digging into my recipe box for comfort food.  I received this recipe from my friend Vigdis Sell in 1980 and have made it so many times I could make it from memory.  It will not disappoint you I guarantee.
*
Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
2 cups hot fish stock*
2 cups whole milk
3 tablespoon copped parsley
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped cooked fish or seafood

Garnish: cooked shrimp
*
Directions:
Melt butter, saute diced celery, and chopped onion.  Add 1/3 cup flour stirring constantly to make a roux.  Slowly add hot fish stock stirring to prevent lumping: slowly incorporate milk.  Add salt to taste.  Garnish with chopped parsley and whole shrimp if decided.     

* To Make Fish Stock, I use the water used to cook the shrimp in the shells or I save any broth in the freezer from any shellfish I cook until I make this recipe.

No comments: