Sunday, August 31, 2014

Window Cleaner

I am on Facebook with a friend who I think was probably raised much the same as I was.  My mother was very practical, cooked "from scratch", sewed many of my clothes, and also repaired them to extend their life.  That was pretty much the life of everyone living in the 40's and 50's.  I messaged my friend to ask if she had the window cleaner formula that circulated on Facebook.  She said her daughter's in-laws sent her this formula.  While this is for a gallon, I reduced the ingredients to one quart which was perfect for the spray bottle I had. 
*
Window Cleaner
1/2 cup of sudsy ammonia 1 pint of rubbing alcohol 
1 tablespoon Dawn dish soap
Add enough water to make one gallon.



To make one quart
2 Tablespoons sudsy ammonia  
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
3/4 teaspoon Dawn dish soap
Add enough water to make one quart.

No comments: