Monday, September 14, 2015

Blue Plate Special

Blue Plate Special

As I begin this commentary, it is 6:53 a.m. and my counter tells me 67 people have already  logged on to my blog today to glean a recipe.  As a cook we all know when we share the results of our labors we like to hear mmmmmm, thank you,  or gee, that is great tasting, just an indication the fruits of our labor are appreciated.  I too would like to hear a comment from those who use the recipes from my site.  I have posted 1896 recipes to date.  

E-intelligence is online for anyone to avail themselves.  Wikipedia, Google Search, and other web sites offer so much information to us with pop-up ads which is monetary payment they receive from that advertiser for our use of their information sites.  Personal web-sites are not designed with that advantage.  Our payment for our time and research is your comment.  You not only glean a recipe, you are taking many hours of choosing, typing, researching, and testing in the kitchen. 

According to the counter on my blog, I have had the following recipes viewed by 6:53 a..m. today.

Flaky Tender Pie Crusts  65 views
Tuscan Soup  24 views
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes With Easy Mushroom Gravy  8 views
Lazarus Chicken Salad  7 views
Lazarus Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce  6 views

Of the 110 people who came to my site early today, no comments were left which is my measure of appreciation.  This makes me wonder if my information is taken for granted.  The total number of views of my 1896 recipes / posts since 5/2007 are 106,354.  The total number of comments posted are 535.  

When my number of recipes / posts reaches 2000, my blogging will be fulfilled.  

To leave a comment a space is available at the bottom of every page.  No email address is ever visible to me and your name is optional.  Please be counted. 

No comments: