Thursday, January 19, 2017

Australian Hot-Dog


Australian Hot-Dog
On a recent cruise I was told I must sample an Australian Hot-Dog.  This person couldn't describe what was so different but said you just have to try one.  A small coffee shop on George Street in Sydney Australia serves the hot-dogs at noon.  You have a choice of six different ways to order your sandwich with fries.  Curious about what could make them different, I tasted just the meat.  I could not discern a difference from any other hot-dog I had ever tasted.  It simply is the condiments.  For $6.35 US, it made a nice lunch for a change and served in a box. 

These were my choices:
Cali: caramelized onion, corn relish, Gruyere cheese, mustard and ketchup.

Mac Daddy:  macaroni and three cheeses.

Jackie Chan:  asian slaw, pickles, satay, and sweet chili jam.

Aussie:  scrambled egg, bacon, beet root relish, Gruyere cheese, ketchup.

Chili Willie:  beef con carne, corn relish, mustard, mayo, Gruyere cheese.

Big Dog:  fries, bacon, slaw, pickles, corn relish, mustard, and Gruyere cheese. 

No comments: