Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Grilled Basil Chicken ..... This recipe gets four stars from my friend Arlene

Grilled Basil Chicken
My friend was riding around the neighborhood and stopped by to visit. Commenting on my pot of herbs growing on the patio, I offered her what herbs she could use as they have grown with a great abundance. Arlene said she had a great recipe for Grilled Basil Chicken. I asked for her permission to post the recipe and Arlene quickly obliged and delivered her recipe book to me for the opportunity to share it. Thanks Arlene, you are a great friend!
Ingredients:
3/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
4 Chicken breasts or bonless thighs
***
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 Tablespoon dried basil
***
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
***
Directions:
Press the cracked pepper into the chicken. Mix the melted butter and basil and brush it on the chicken.
***
Combine the 1/2 cup butter with minced basil, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper to make a paste. Set aside. *See My Suggestion at footnote.
***
Grill chicken on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, basting with remaining melted butter mixture. When chicken is 95% grilled, brush with the butter, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper mixture over the tops. Serve as soon as this mixture starts to melt.
***
My Suggestion: I am going to reduce the butter using 1/4 cup butter. This recipe as written would equal 2 Tablespoons of butter per serving. The 1/2 cup butter is a bit high for my preference.

No comments: