Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Flight Patterns

Flight Patterns
Tuesday morning I left my brother and sister-in-law's home at 4 a.m. to drive to the airport. I quickly regained my driving skills on the snow covered roads ahead of the snow plow. I drove 20 mph for the first 20 miles as the plows had not cleared the roads. The turnpike was slush covered and those trucks kept me on the right side of the highway with wipers running full speed. As they passed my car, whosh a spray of slush covered my car and windows.
***
I was interested in the television weather forecast of the previous evening learning the pattern of the winter storm and the possible effect on my flight back to California. I left Toledo airport and once airborne we flew through solid cloud cover to Chicago. My photos I think began around Iowa. The ground pattern appeared like a frosted window. I estimate the next photo may be Kansas with the puffy clouds. I figure the Rocky Mts. were the next two photos. When we approached our descent to San Diego I captured the mountains in east San Diego county. When I met Don at the airport, I was wearing wool slacks, long sleeve sweater and a full length wool coat. My Ohio attire was a constant reminder that I was back in San Diego. Don and I went for a stroll down the embarcadero where we had lunch and the last photo shows that beautiful blue sky. (A flight in photo from Ohio to San Diego.)

No comments: