Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Blossoms Of March




The Blossoms Of March
March in California is usually a spectacular show of color especially when the rainfall has been plentiful. Yesterday I walked around our house admiring the great show of blossoms to appreciate. I will describe the flowers as they are posted. The top photo and continuing down the list is Gazania, Persian Carpet or Ice Plant, Daffodil, Orchids, Bignoniaceae, Bird Of Paradise, Bougainvillea, Cotyledon, Calla Lily, Spanish Lavender, or Otto Quast, Sea Lavender, Bilbergia, African Daisy, Magnolia, and Hibiscus.
***
I do have more flowers around our home but thought I had a sufficient amount to tease my friends back in the snow covered Midwest. By this time of the year they are looking forward to seeing a green lawn and warmer temps.

No comments: