Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 4 Of Christmas Candy, Peppermint Bark


Day 4 of Twelve Days Of Christmas Candy
Peppermint Bark
Tins of this bark make great last-minute special gifts. Use aromatherapy peppermint oil, the purest peppermint oil that you can buy, available at health food stores. It tastes much better than peppermint extract. Use Belgian chocolate for the best flavor.
***
Ingredients:
1 lb. chopped bittersweet chocolate
8 drops peppermint oil
1 lb. chopped white chocolate
¾ cup chopped candy canes
***
Directions: 1. Line an 11 x 17-inch (28 x 43-cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. Adjust amounts for different sized cookie sheets. Set aside.
2. Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heavy pot on low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in 4 drops peppermint oil or more to taste.
3. Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
4. Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot on low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining four drops of peppermint oil, then add candy canes.
5. Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan. Chill until set, about 4 hours or overnight.
Refrigerate until just before serving, then break into pieces and serve or package as gifts. Will keep in the refrigerator for 3 weeks. Makes 1 large sheet.
***
Post a comment befor December 10. I will offer to the winner of a drawing a gift from Italy which I will buy on my Christmas trip. If you sign as anonymous, the posting comes to my site as noreply@blogspot.com. I have to have initials or something to define who you are for the purpose of notifying you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds fantastic!
I love that you use dark chocolate and suggest health-food store peppermint oil.

Did I mention I work for Godiva.com?

As far as aromatherapy:
I am an incense snob.
I know what is good and my fav is
http://www.incenseguru.com/satya_sia_ram.html

Dine With Donna said...

Barbra;
Barbra
Good to hear from you. I was not aware that you are working for Godiva.com. When we lived in Willard we could buy two pounds of Godiva candy for $6.00 at the Pepperidge Outlet. They were seconds but the taste was the same!

I have your name in the drawing now so check the December 14 posting to learn who won.

Anonymous said...

:)

Yay! Would Love to have something from Italy from my Mother's childhood friend!