Friday, February 27, 2009

Hooray For Hollywood!

The famous Hollywood Sign
The Silver Lariat Domed Rail car The route along the ocean.
The beautiful mission style Union Station
The famous corner of Hollywood & Vine
Hooray For Hollywood
We joined a group of retirees for a guided tour of Hollywood on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was probably the best tour anyone could have today. Our guide grew up in Hollywood with parents involved in the film industry. His knowledge of the historic buildings and the importance they played in the earlier history of Hollywood made the trip very informative. I will share photos of some of the sites over the next few days.
We rode a dome rail car built in 1947, restored in 1998 and is owned and used only for rail tours by AFC Tours. We enjoyed brunch on the ride to Los Angeles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen the HollyWood sign from La Cienega that I took direct to Sunset Blvd to get to my job at Tower Records. I always wanted to get closer to the letters. Close enough to touch them.

Dine With Donna said...

I thought Hollywood was a great place. As a youngster we always had the Hollywood latest in magazines, the screen and radio befor TV. The stars then had more publicity than they do today. Movies had more "glam" and people followed their favorites with the movies they starred. It was fun to see so much nostalgia and what I remember of my youth.