Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Morro Bay, California

Morro Bay
The rock in Morro Bay is one of our favorite sites along the coastal drive in California. Just to demonstrate its size, click on the photo to enlarge. Just above the sailboat you will see some parked vehicles. That will help to scale the size. A drive out to the rock was constructed which allows people the opportunity to walk around the lee side of the rock. It is one of the amazing sites along the coast. Please read the comment below written by Chuck The Photographer .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoy our 'rock' so much. What you are actually looking at is a morro, a volcanic plug made up of magma, solidified and remaining long after the surrounding volcano was eaten and blown away through millions of years.

Dine With Donna said...

Chuck The Photographer;
Thank you so much for adding your comment to my blog and enlightening me. I was not aware of how the "rock" came into existence. This is so interesting and I am sure my readers will also enjoy learning what you have shared. I will have a new appreciation on my next visit.
Donna