Sunday, April 19, 2009

Amaryllis




Amaryllis
I live in a neighborhood with some very talented people. Several are great gardeners, we have a talented art glass artist who does free form work as well as leaded glass, several ladies are great bridge players, then some play tennis, and one senior is attending college for credits while we also have a couple of bloggers. Everyone is always so eager to share their time and talents in our neighborhood. Today I attended the planning meeting for our Spring get-together on our greenbelt where our neighborhood gathers annually just to socialize. One of the ladies mentioned that a neighbor had the most gorgeous amaryllis growing by her gate. So over I went with my camera. I was just amazed at their beauty. I did not know they could be planted outdoors and would bloom again year after year. Obviously, I am not one of the talented gardeners in the neighborhood. My neighbor said her bulbs are thirty years old and have reproduced bulbs so many times. She asked me to bring over a vase and she would cut one for me. How lucky we are to have such wonderful and sharing neighbors. I thought they were too beautiful to cut as they just enhance her garden and could be shared then with everyone to enjoy.

No comments: