Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Persimmon Bread

My neighbor Alice who shares her recipe
Persimmon Bread
My neighbor Marilyn was gifted with a bag of persimmons which she shared with me.  Another friend, Alice had a wonderful recipe for Persimmon Bread and agreed to share. Tomorrow I will trek up the street for a photo session. Thank you Alice for sharing your secret!
***
Ingredients:
3 c. sugar ( I cut it back to 2 c.)
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. persimmon pulp
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. pitted dates
***
Directions:
Mix together well the sugar, oil and eggs. Sift in other ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Grease and flour four small loaf pans ( I used two larger ones). Fill each pan half full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before removing from pan. Note: To freeze, leave breads in pans and seal in a plastic freezer bag.

No comments: