Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken Baked In A Salt Crust

The French Crust Style Of Roasting Chicken
Chicken In A Bread Crust The Edible Portion Of Bread Crust Removed
Chicken In A Salt Crust
***
Our son-in-law prepared fish baked in a salt crust for us during a visit two years ago. It was a very memorable meal. The fish was so moist and delicious. I remember the sound of breaking the crust. Then I recently learned that the French have a method of mixing flour and water to make a dough which they place around the top of the pot or a Dutch Oven which seals the lid. Creating a seal, it bakes the juices in the pot producing a very moist meat. Today I read an article about chicken baked in a bread crust. The top of the bread crust is reserved to be served with the chicken. Later I plan to buy a chicken and decide which method I will use. I am leaning toward the bread crust. That will be a future posting.
+

No comments: