Sunday, March 17, 2013

Brioche Bread Braided

This is a recipe from my friend in Germany.  She posted the photo on Facebook.  I asked to shre her recipe which she happily obliged.  I will convert grams to cups and post later.  Please check back  Meli says it is a type of brioche.  It looks delicious.


The dough:
500 gr of flour
20 gr of yeast
80 gr of sugar
1/4 litre of milk
2 eggs
80 gr of melted butter
1/2 spoon of salt
Put all the flour in a bowl and make a little hole on top. Put yeast in it and a little sugar and some spoons of milk. Stirr a little and cover with flour. Let rest for 15 minutes.
Put the rest of the ingredients in and mix together with hands. "Hit" (knead) the dough as well until soft and simmering. Let rest for 30 minutes.
When the dough has doubled in size, form as you like. I made a braid. Stir milk and an egg and brush on the dough. Then put it in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Temperatur: 200 Celsius.
I hope it's understandable what I wrote...You can use my facebook picture if you like.
Love, Meli

No comments: