Saturday, April 12, 2014

Foodies In "Heaven"






Foodies In "Heaven"
Today a group of nine foodies drove to Costa Mesa to Surfas Culinary Warehouse.  Oh my goodness!  It was like kids let loose in a candy shop.  We all bought items that are hard to find and then some.  I bought a book "Cheese Making".  Previously I made fresh ricotta with our daughter Barbara.  What a remarkable difference in taste.  From the cheese counter I purchase a mozzarella cheese called Burrata.   It is the creamiest mozzarella I have ever tasted.  I found many other ingredients that would require me driving miles to ethnic stores in several different areas.  Appliances, dishes, utensils, groceries, beverages, and books, if a cook could use it Surfas seemed to have it.  I can't wait to return!



2 comments:

Linda said...

It looks and sounds great! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Dine With Donna said...

Linda, thank you for your comment. I wish every interested person would have the opportunity to experience Surfas Culinary District. It was such a fun day!