Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ten Ways With Fresh Blueberries

Ten Ways With Fresh Blueberries 
I read this recipe in the newspaper today that really sparked my interest due to my fondness of fresh blueberries.  It is a recipe for Blueberry Salsa.  Now that sounds GREAT to me!  All ten ways were simple and easy.  This is a recipe I definitely will make use of having.
Blueberry Salsa
In a food processor, finely mince 1 red onion, 
1 jalopena pepper and 
a handful of fresh cilantro.  
Add one cup fresh blueberries, 
a splash of olive oil, 
the juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste), 

Pulse until the blueberries are just chopped, then season with salt and pepper.  Serve with Blue Corn Chips.

Here is the list of the other nine ways to enjoy fresh blueberries.

  1. Vinaigrette
  2. Sweet and chilly snack
  3. Compote
  4. Creamed
  5. Cordial
  6. Garden Salad
  7. Grain salad
  8. Cornbread
  9. Cheese topper

No comments: