Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My 70th Birthday Surprise

Surprise Our daughter Anne and Family 25 Friends and Family The Big Surprise
***
A BIG Surprise
Yesterday I had a birthday to remember for the rest of my years. We live in the most wonderful neighborhood any person could be privileged to choose. My day started with breakfast with my neighbor Arlene and husband Don. Don said later that day we would have dinner and just the two of us. That evening we entered to the restaurant with the hostess graciously greeting us and taking us to "our seat" heading into the first dining room. The room erupted into "Surprise" and our granddaughters raced to embrace me. Our daughter Anne and family assisted my husband with the plans. Twenty five friends and family were there to celebrate my special day. What a birthday to remember.
I walk mornings with a neighbor Marilyn. One day we were chatting about not succumbing to age and the ailments. I said we were going to be tough girls like those that bend iron. We were not going to be a sissy. Marilyn's husband John found this card and chuckled all the way to the check-out. I am continuing to laugh John. That is your wife or me on that card!!! Maturity Rules.

3 comments:

Meli said...

awesome!!! :-)

Dine With Donna said...

Meli;
This was so much fun and celebrating with favorite people! It truly was awesome!

Anonymous said...

That car was made for you. A queens carriage for a queen or maybe a queen MUM!!! Good for you guys. Good talking with you today. Bruce