Monday, November 24, 2008

Panini Potatoes

Panini Potatoes
Sunday while completing several tasks and trying to prepare lunch at the same time, I thought I would experiment with my panini maker and try roasting, or is it frying, potatoes. I sprayed the grill with vegetable spray and sliced the potatoes about 1/4" thick. I seasoned the potatoes and let them cook on a medium setting. It took about 12 minutes. We were quite surprised with the flavor. It was like a french fried potatoe minus the deep fat cooking oil.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Hmmm, looks good!

Dine With Donna said...

Yhe potatoes were really quite tasty. We both liked the crispy exterior and the soft interior. The panini will be used for more than sandwiches.

Beatrice said...

This is a great idea, and I love the grill marks, too!

Dine With Donna said...

Beatrice;
You can tell immediately which slice was not as thick as the others. I have learned to use my panini grill for grilling meats, the potatoes, as well as making sandwixhes. The grill helps to reduce fats.